Class 10 girl injured as pressure cooker explodes at hostel in

first_imgA class 10 girl sustained severe injuries after a pressure cooker exploded at BC girl’s hostel at Rajendra Nagar. The incident occurred on July 15 but came to light on Thursday. Sujatha, daughter of Dasharath Naik and Lalitha from Mailardevpally is pursuing Class 10 at AVM high school and residing at BC girl’s hostel at Rajendra Nagar. On July 15, the hostel cook boiled chickpeas for breakfast in a pressure cooker and asked the girls to take it, saying she was going out. Also Read – Vemulawada school seized after road accident Advertise With Us Sujatha, along with Manjula, a Class 8 student, went to the kitchen to have breakfast and tried to open the cooker lid when it was exploded. The hot water fell on Sujatha who sustained grievous injuries. Majula too suffered burn injuries on her leg. They were shifted to a private hospital in Nanal Nagar and later moved to a hospital in Karmanghat for better treatment. The hostel warden bore the hospital expenses of the girl which had gone to Rs 1.42 lakh. Also Read – Non-bailable warrant to Congress leader Renuka Chowdhury Advertise With Us Meanwhile, the parents of the girl met Rajendranagar Tahsildar on Thursday and handed over a memorandum appealing the government to provide financial assistance to her daughter who was asked to take rest for a year. The tahsildar posted the matter to Rangareddy district collector Lokesh Kumar who ordered a probe on the incident and assured justice to the girl.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *