Napoli yet to finalise Osimhen’s paperwork, as Lille hire Burak as his replacement

first_img Promoted ContentHow They Made Little Simba Look So Lifelike in ‘The Lion King’The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreAmazing Ceilings From All Around The WorldWhat’s Up With All The Female Remakes?Why Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do This7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe 18 Most Visited Cities In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?6 Most Overpowered Live Action Disney Characters6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueThe 90s Was A Fantastic Decade For Fans Of Action Movies But Napoli officials hope to conclude the whole process latest by Monday or Tuesday. In turn, Sportitalia also reported that Lille had already secured Burak Yilmaz as Osimhen’s replacement from Besiktas. Meanwhile, An intermediary agent in the Osimhen’s Napoli transfer has also confirmed that the deal has reached the final conclusion. Andrea D’Amico told Napoli’s official radio station that it was on the home stretch. “For now, there’s silence on negotiations until the white smoke,” D’Amico told Radio Kiss Kiss. “Something’s in the process of being finalised, but I can’t say any more than that.” The agent was then asked how many coaches Gennaro Gattuso ‘liked’ the Lille forward. “Very much, he likes all good players. The Giuntoli-Gattuso axis is making Napoli stronger and stronger. “The right step for the attacker is Napoli, not Liverpool.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… center_img Imminent transfer of Nigeria and Lille striker, Victor Moses to Napoli has reached the final phase as Serie A club officials put finishing touches to the player’s paperwork. Information frittered in from Italy indicates that Napoli are expected to finalise the details of the Osimhen’s transfer on Monday, with Orestis Karnezis potentially part of the deal with Lille. According to Sportitalia, Napoli confirmed that they were at the final stage of the contract paperwork for the 21-year-old striker. Despite the reports in France of a deal worth €81m, in Italy, they have never budged from the €60m mark and that does seem more realistic for Napoli. Lille are likely to also accept a player as part of the deal and reports pointed at the third-choice goalkeeper, Orestis Karnezis. The salary seems to have been agreed at a five-year contract worth €3.5m per season plus another €0.5m in bonuses. It had been confirmed that Osimhen passed his medical last Saturday in Rome, and the whole world has been waiting to see the player unveil as soon as possible. Initially, Friday(today) was fixed for the official unveiling of the player but the paperwork process seems to be moving on snail speed. read also:‘With consistency, hard work Osimhen could surpass world best players’last_img read more

Read More »

Tour de France could take place in August

first_img(REUTERS) – Cycling teams are gearing up for the Tour de France to be held in August rather than the usual July, after French President Emmanuel Macron said big public events would be halted until mid-July as the country fights the COVID-19 pandemic.Marc Madiot, president of the French cycling league and director of the Groupama–FDJ cycling team, said Macron’s comments, which included extending measures to slow the coronavirus outbreak, paved the way for the Tour to be held in August.“Based on what he told us, it seems conceivable to hold the Tour de France in the course of August,” he told Reuters.French newspaper Le Dauphine Libere reported later yesterday that the Tour would run from August 29 to September 20.Thousands of fans gather along the roadside every day to watch the Tour and urge on the riders during the three-week race, posing a risk of spreading the virus further among the public and the cycling teams alike.An email seen by Reuters on Saturday and sent to the publishers of the official Tour programme showed the organisers were focussing on postponing rather than cancelling the race, which had been scheduled for June 27-July 19.The organisers, who had no immediate comment yesterday, told German news agency DPA that the dates initially announced would not be possible and that they were working on postponing the event.TRAINING NEEDEDAfter the postponement of the Euro 2020 soccer finals and the Tokyo Olympic Games, the Tour de France – which usually takes place in June and July – is one of the last major sporting events not to have been officially moved this year.Since the Tour’s inception in 1903, only the two world wars of 1914-1918 and 1939-1945 have forced organisers to cancel the race.The head of the French cycling league said teams would need to be allowed to train outdoors before the end of the lockdown period, however. Cycling outdoors has been restricted in France to crack down on the virus.“Our boys need to be able to train. The longer we’re under lockdown, the longer they will need to get back in shape,” Madiot said. “People think cycling outdoors is just to go for a ride, but we have to be on the road for work.”Participants said holding the Tour and avoiding a cancellation was crucial for the teams’ financial survival.“It’s not too late today,” Vincent Lavenu, AG2R-La Mondiale team manager, said. He also believed the Tour was likely to be pushed back into August, even to the end of the month. “What’s essential is that the Tour is held,” he added.He said sponsorship income from road racing’s biggest event amounted to 60% or even 70% of teams’ worldwide revenue.“That’s huge and essential to the survival of teams,” Lavenu said.last_img read more

Read More »